Our continued dedication to asteroid prospecting with orbiting space telescopes created a profound opportunity.
This Wednesday, we’ll be starting something big, and YOU can get involved. The following information was shared with the media last week. Tune in, or join us in Seattle for the big reveal!
Planetary Resources’ team of engineers who have designed, built and operated spacecraft throughout the Solar System, including all of the recent U.S. Mars landers and rovers, are now developing the most advanced space technology ever and will make it publicly accessible.
A diverse group of supporters, including Virgin’s Sir Richard Branson, actor Seth Green, Star Trek’s Brent Spiner (Lieutenant Commander Data) and Rob Picardo (The Doctor), Bill Nye the Science Guy, futurist Jason Silva, and MIT astrophysicist Dr. Sara Seager, have joined forces with Planetary Resources to make access to space widely available for exploration and research.
On May 29 at 10:00 a.m. PDT in Seattle, and also streaming live, please join Planetary Resources’ Peter Diamandis, Eric Anderson and Chris Lewicki, as they, along with vlogger Hank Green, announce an unprecedented project that will change the way humanity explores the cosmos.
- Gives students, teachers and the public access to the most innovative space observation technology ever built – This technology would have cost US$100M+ to build and launch less than a decade ago; and today, it will be controlled by students around the world to explore the cosmos.
- Offers the opportunity for the public to directly participate in cutting-edge citizen science and discovery – Delivers a resource to thousands of institutions and researchers in need of greater access to space to further their work and rate of scientific discovery.
- Invites the public to participate in Planetary Resources’ asteroid mining mission – Anyone with an interest in space can play a role in opening up the Solar System for human activity.
Wed., May 29, 2013 – 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Peter H. Diamandis, M.D., Co-Founder & Co-Chairman, Planetary Resources, Inc.
- Eric Anderson, Co-Founder & Co-Chairman, Planetary Resources, Inc.
- Chris Lewicki, President & Chief Engineer, Planetary Resources, Inc.
- Hank Green, Internet personality, VlogBrothers
Great Gallery at The Museum of Flight – Seattle, WA
Event will also be streamed online at http://planetaryresources.com/livestream
Live streaming will continue at 3:30 PM PDT with Star Trek’s Brent Spiner (Lieutenant Commander Data) joining Hank Green, Peter Diamandis, Eric Anderson and Chris Lewicki.
Live streaming will continue with a special “community” event starting at 3:30 p.m. PDT with Star Trek’s Brent Spiner (Lieutenant Commander Data), Hank Green, Peter Diamandis, Eric Anderson & Chris Lewicki.
-Chris Lewicki @interplanetary
President & Chief Engineer, Planetary Resources, Inc.