We’re looking for a few good asteroid miners
Planetary Resources is on the lookout for some amazing people. If you are amazing, please continue to read.
Here is why joining Planetary Resources will change your life:
- We are finding new ways to explore space beyond Earth orbit.
- We are a growing business with incredible people who are dedicated to Planetary Resources’ long-term objectives.
- Like all small businesses, we are a family. We love our team and what we do.
- You will get your hands dirty. If you prefer your hands clean, go somewhere else.
- We have a grill. We are not afraid to use it.
- Seattle, Washington. Ok, so it rains. It’s gorgeous, and anyone who says otherwise is from California.
- Bottom line – we build spaceships and explore asteroids. If you need any other motivation to apply, don’t bother.
We’ve written up some additional context in this blog post.
Some questions that you may be asked during the application/interview include:
- Are you a space nut? Prove it!
- Look around your home. How would we know that you are an engineer?
- What are your three favorite tools to get the job done? What makes them your favorites?
- What do you want to get out of working for Planetary Resources?
- What do you do for fun?
- Have you seen a product through its full life cycle: design, analysis, fab, assembly, test, and ops?
- Have you designed and built hardware that someone else has used?
- Have you written code that someone else has used?
- Do you know how to use a mill and a lathe?
- Can you debug a PCB?
- Does a convoluted, system-level problem make you tingle with excitement?
- Do you know how to create an interplanetary spacecraft trajectory to a celestial target?
- Are you a mean cook?
- Can you fix the heat if it breaks?
- We would recognize your handiwork on such space missions or product releases as…
- Are your soldering skills are best described as Cro-Magnon, Offensive, Survivable, Clean and Functional, Mil-spec compliant, or Angelic (cue choir sounds)?
- How would you feel about moving to the Seattle area?
- At Planetary Resources, we fail. A lot. In fact, we celebrate failure. Give us an example of one of your failures, how you fixed it, and what you learned from it.
- What name would you give a crash test dummy, and why?
- Paste a link to a picture that best describes you, but is not OF you.
- If you were asked to give a 20 minute presentation on a subject for which you consider yourself an expert, what would be the topic of the presentation?