Join us, as an Asteroid Miner.
Planetary Resources is on the look out for amazing people to join our team. So, if you are amazing, keep reading…
Joining Planetary Resources will change your life in the following ways:
- We are explorers, finding new ways to explore space beyond Earth.
- We are growing our business with incredible people who are all dedicated to our long term goals.
- We are a family.
- You will get your hands dirty, so if you prefer your hands clean, then we suggest you rethink applying.
- We have a grill, and are not afraid to use it! #spaceburgers.
- Seattle, WA – it rains sometimes, sure…but you can soak up vitamin D during our beautiful summers or ski, swim, fish, and hike in our local mountains or take advantage of vibrant arts, music, restaurant, micro-brew, and maker communities or world class opera, ballet, symphony, libraries and universities or professional soccer, baseball, football, basketball, and roller-derby.
Bottom line – we are building spaceships to hunt and mine Asteroids…why wouldn’t you want to join!
During the interview process, be prepared to answer some of the following questions:
- Are you a space nut? Prove it!
- Look around your home. How would we know that you are an engineer?
- What are your three favorite tools to get the job done? What makes them your favorites?
- What do you want to get out of working for Planetary Resources?
- What do you do for fun?
- Have you seen a product through its full life cycle: design, analysis, fab, assembly, test, and ops?
- Have you designed and built hardware that someone else has used?
- Have you written code that someone else has used?
- Do you know how to use a mill and a lathe?
- Can you debug a PCB?
- Does a convoluted, system-level problem make you tingle with excitement?
- Do you know how to create an interplanetary spacecraft trajectory to a celestial target?
- Are you a mean cook?
- Can you fix the heat if it breaks?
- We would recognize your handiwork on such space missions or product releases as…
- Are your soldering skills are best described as Cro-Magnon, Offensive, Survivable, Clean and Functional, Mil-spec compliant, or Angelic (cue choir sounds)?
- How would you feel about moving to the Seattle area?
- At Planetary Resources, we fail. A lot. In fact, we celebrate failure. Give us an example of one of your failures, how you fixed it, and what you learned from it.
- What name would you give a crash test dummy, and why?
- Paste a link to a picture that best describes you, but is not OF you.
- If you were asked to give a 20 minute presentation on a subject for which you consider yourself an expert, what would be the topic of the presentation?
Want additional context? Check out this blog post.