Introducing the ARKYD 100 Space Telescope
Planetary Resources is offering full and fractional use of its ARKYD 100 Space Telescopes. For the first time ever, we are able to provide this powerful capability at a fraction of conventional costs — bringing once-inaccessible capabilities into the reach of small businesses, non-profits, philanthropists, classrooms, and government organizations.
About the ARKYD 100 Space Telescope
Multi-functional hardware and software designs with a focus on advancing technologies have allowed us to make the ARKYD 100 small, efficient and low cost. The result is a space telescope that can provide substantial advantages relative to less-accessible space-based alternatives and larger ground-based observatories of the same total cost.
The ARKYD 100 has a large primary optic that allows multiple applications, including: detection of faint, moving targets like potentially dangerous asteroids or space debris, solar system formation science, and study of galaxy composition and evolution. The ARKYD 100 is also able to perform photometry and limited spectrophotometry that can provide rough typing data, rotation rate, and characteristic information on asteroids and other celestial bodies.
Available ARKYD 100 access models allow for immediate observation follow-up to better track recently discovered or close passing near-Earth objects or other transient astronomical events.
Standard Specifications of the ARKYD 100
- 200 mm aperture, f/4 primary optic
- Resolving capability: ~ 1 arcsecond
- Detection capability: to visual magnitude 19
- 5 MP+ image sensor
- Wavelength range: 200 nm to 1100 nm
- Available filters: UV bandpass (‹ 300 nm), B, V, R, OIII, Hα, 1 μm bandpass, Luminence (Clear)
- Active image stabilization
Interested in the Arkyd 100?
- Fractional use packages start at $30k.
- Full and multiple spacecraft utilization options are available.
- For additional pricing and detailed technical information, please provide us your contact information.